Our Mission - What do we do
Focus on promoting Data Management
The DAMA Education and Research Foundation (www.damafoundation.org) is the Research and Educational Affiliate of DAMA International (www.dama.org)is dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of data management through research, education, publications, promotion of standards, and other activities that enhance the practice of data management.
Our mission to promote professional data resource management through fund raising and strategic funds placement.
The primary objective of DAMA Foundation is to establish a formal, certified, recognized, and respected data management profession. Our theme being "Professionals improving the profession".
As such, the key goals of the DAMA Foundation are to:
- Promote the practice of data resource management
- Provide educational opportunities for practitioners of data resource management
- Develop and promote research into data resource management areas and related arenas
- Advance the cause of scholarship into the date resource management field
- Provide leadership and guidance to practitioners through the establishment and maintenance of professional qualifications
- Monitor and advance data resource management standards
- Provide funding for the development of concepts, products, practices and educational services for contemporary data resource management